About this spot
The Lower Geyser Basin is one of the biggest geyser basins in the park, covering an area of approximately 11 square miles (17.7 square km). The area is broken up into several groups, one of which is Fountain Paint Pots. The Fountain Paint Pot area contains geysers, mud pots, fumaroles and pools. Silex Spring is a very beautiful clear blue spring. The hot temperatures keep the water clear of thermophiles, but these colorful bacteria thrive in the runoff from the spring.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.