About this spot
Fort Stevens State Park is the site of a military base that defended the Columbia River from the Civil War until the end of World War II. In addition to a museum and concrete bunkers and gun emplacements, the park is a popular recreation area and campground. For photographers, the main interest is the remains of the Peter Iredale, a ship that ran aground here in 1906.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.