About this spot
The Foro Romano is one of the highlights of a visit to Rome, but it is only accessible outside the golden hours, while you can reach this location all day long. It offers an almost aerial view directly above the most spectacular area of the excavations, with the impressive Tempio di Saturno and Arco di Settimio Severo in the foreground. The view extends to the horizon, where it is blocked by the Colosseo.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.