8 images 2 contributors
About this spot
Fleet lagoon runs for 13 miles from Portland, where it connects to Portland Harbour via a narrow channel at Ferrybridge, to the Swannery at Abbotsbury. It was formed when Chesil Beach moved onshore as a result of rising sea levels and is now a beautiful habitat for a diverse range of animals, birds and plants and an idyllic location for photography. The main interests at this particular location, are the moored fishing boats, mirror like reflections and of course, the dilapidated jetty.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.