About this spot
The best known attractions along the drive are: Firehole Lake, Great Fountain Geyser, Steady Geyser, Surprise Pool and White Dome Geyser. See separate Spots for each of these features. The most impressive feature on the drive is Great Fountain Geyser. It is one of the largest geysers in the park and it is a predictable geyser. The times will be posted at the visitor center, and in the summertime at the geyser as well. It does have a fairly large window of time in the prediction but it is well worth the wait. Enjoy your time on Firehole Lake Drive and enjoy some great thermal features without the enormous crowds found at some of the other thermal areas.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.