About This Spot
Whiskey Bend road is narrow and winding, passing through beautiful groves of old growth trees interspersed with three dancing little creeks. Photo opportunities abound. Please stop only at turnouts. The Elwha River trail travels 28 miles up the Elwha River drainage to Low Divide. One of the frequently traveled shorter hikes in this area is the Geyser Valley Loop. (Absolutely no geysers in Olympic National Park). This trail traverses along the Elwha River, passing old homestead sites and traversing groves of big leaf maples. Pass the old Humes Ranch and rejoin the Elwha River Trail at Michael's Cabin. The best trees and forest scenes are found up river, starting around 4.5 miles, at Lillian River Crossing. The trail briefly returns to the Elwha River at 8 miles, passes Mary Falls at 8.7 miles and arrives at Elkhorn Guard Station and camparea at 11 miles, a great place to stop.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.