About this spot
This location is only a short walk from the car, so is not difficult to reach - and whilst I don't condone climbing over walls in general, the poor state of repair makes accessing this location easy, merely sliding through gaps or stepping over rocks - so no damage is done. Once up on the edge, there are not a huge number of options should you want to include a foreground, but if you shoot wide angle and get close to the limestone you can certainly find some features to anchor your photographs. Just above the limestone cliffs, if you venture far enough along, you'll also find a gritstone outcrop which can add additional interest and a new take on this view - although this is perhaps best when the heather is in bloom, around late summer, to make the most of the moorland above the main cliffs.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.