About this spot
Most people know it as Edmaier’s Secret, for German photographer Bernhard Edmaier, who published an aerial photograph of it. While Edmaier's Secret is an interesting destination in its own right, it's also and primarily a great spot to visit if you're looking for something to do while waiting for a permit to the Wave. In fact, several factors contribute to make it a no-brainer as a prep trip to the Big W: Proximity to the BLM Visitor Center in Kanab, opportunity to check conditions on House Rock Valley Road, and a chance to hone your skills ascending and descending steep slickrock slopes (in case you're planning on exploring the back of Top Rock) and last but not least, it combines well with a morning/midday jaunt inside Wire Pass.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.