About this spot
From the parking area, descend to cross Ruby Creek then head left for 2.8 miles to a junction. Following the East Bank Trail, hike up and over forested Hidden Hand Pass, finally reaching the lake shore at 7.5 miles. The views begin with a very special lake-hugging section of the trail between Rainbow Point Camp and Devils Junction where the trail has been blasted into the cliffs along the lakeshore with the water lapping at the rocks just a few feet below. Creek crossing are equally dramatic on airy bridges. Rainbow Point is an ideal place the make a base camp from which to photograph and explore up Ross Lake.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.