About this spot
The view north towards Dunstanburgh Castle is one of the most iconic on the Northumbrian coast. The castle was built in the 14th century for Thomas, the Earl of Lancaster. Largely a ruin, the castle is now in the care of English Heritage and the National Trust.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.