About this spot
Except for one special feature, the town of Duck is a typical tourist oriented area located near the northern end of the Outer Banks. The town has numerous shops selling all the tourist gear; trinkets, souvenirs and beachwear. There are restaurants and bars and stores. What makes this town unique is the mile-long boardwalk which extends out over the estuarine shoreline of Currituck Sound. On a warm summer day, the Sound is full of people taking advantage of the open waters to kayak, fish, paddle board, kite surf and jet ski. At night the boardwalk is lit with soft lights over the water areas and brightly lit in the shopping areas.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.