About this spot
The Deception Pass Bridge is in the middle of Deception Pass State Park. The bridge is actually two spans, the main span extending from Whidbey Island to Pass Island over Deception Pass and a shorter span extending from Pass Island to Fidalgo Island over Canoe Pass. In total, the picturesque bridge is about a quarter-mile long and stands approximately 180 feet above the rip-tide filled waters below. There are pedestrian walkways on both sides of the bridge and stairs down to Pass Island (where you can cross under the highway). Deception Pass State Park encompasses over 4,000 acres and has more than 75,000 feet of saltwater shoreline and another nearly 34,000 feet of freshwater shoreline on three lakes. The park is full of scenic beaches, rocky coves, lakes, and forests. The best viewpoint of the bridge is on the north side on Fidalgo Island.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.