Shoot with care
There are no restrictions but you should take care around the crater's edge. Also, the air is rich with methane so you should limit your time on the rim.
About this spot
The beam of light is from the burning methane which was lit more than 50 years ago when a drilling rig fell into the sinkhole.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers