Crystal Peak, Mount Rainier National Park
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Crystal Peak offers energetic hikers a perfect view of the east side of Mt. Rainier with an interesting foreground that includes the White River, the Cowlitz Chimneys, the Sarvent Glaciers, the Meany Crest, the road to Sunrise, Little Tahoma Peak and, of course, The Mountain itself. The Crystal Peak viewpoint is a perfect location to trace the sculpturing brought on by the grinding erosion of glaciers past and present. Note the long moraines, cirques and cliffs. On clear days the view from Crystal Peak extends south to Oregon's Mt. Hood and north to Mt. Baker near the boarder with Canada.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.