About this spot
There are actually three individual formations that together make this exceptionally photogenic hidden spot so attractive. There is Melody Arch proper in the foreground and, in the background, an alcove sheltering a small roundish dune and a window through which you can conveniently frame the North Teepees in your photograph. Most literature now refer to this place as Melody Arch, after photographer Melody Thomas published a beautiful photo of it that caught widespread attention in the mid-eighties.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.