About this spot
Ilkley Moor is a location made famous by the folk song 'On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at', and it's no wonder that it inspired such a well known (locally, at least) piece of music as it has something for everyone. Located close to Leeds, it's a popular destination for the people of West Yorkshire and gives you views, interesting rocks and even waterfalls on the wetter days. Ilkley itself is a lovely town too, with a number of pubs and cafes and, of interest to some, a branch of Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.