About this spot
Cougar Divide is known for its vast alpine meadows and grandstand view of Mount Baker. Early August is the best time for flowers; lupine, paintbrush, heather and avalanche lilies, just to name a few. Fall color arrives with the first frost, usually around mid-September. The trail is steep and rough, reaching the meadows in a short 0.8-mile then wonders along Cougar Divide for 2 more miles passing through more open meadows with vast views. Turn around when the trail deteriorates into a sketchy climbers route.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.