Copper Mountain Lookout
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
It is a 20-mile round trip hike to the lookout and back. For photography purposes, at least 3 days are required to ensure time to capture the desired images. From the parking lot follow Trail 674 for 4 miles to Hannegan Pass. (The 1-mile side trip to the summit of Hannegan Peak is a highly recommended side trip). The trail then leaves the Mount Baker Wilderness and descends into North Cascades National Park for the next mile to Boundary Camp and a junction. Head left and ascend for the next 2 miles to the crest of a ridge. Camp at either Egg Lake or Silesia Camp and complete the final two miles to the lookout the following day.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.