Shoot with care
While you can venture down into the man-made crater to take a closer look, do be careful. Remember this was once a working mine with all the hazards that come with that and it is super important you stay on the surface.
About this spot
Parys Mountain (Mynydd Parys) is located south of Amlwch in north east Anglesey. It is the site of the remains of what was once one of the largest open cast copper mines in the world.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers