About this spot
This is a very popular spot for photographers. From here you have great views of Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, Glacier Point and Sentinel Rock. There is one lone elm tree in the meadow that turns a nice color in the autumn and is used as a foreground in many photographs year round.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.