About this spot
This is an off-the-beaten track viewpoint overlooking the fantastic Widecome Vale. It requires a fairly wide-angled lens and the area immediately behind this weathered granite outcrop, and stunted hawthorn tree, is a on an upward slope and room is restricted. The walk up to the tor is not waymarked but there is a navigable path which leads up to the rock which you can see from the green lane below. Additionally, there is a great viewpoint of the town and church also from here using a telephoto lens and Honeybag Tor, Bel Tor and the main Chinkwell Tor Cairns are nearby viewpoints.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.