Chiesa di San Domenico
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The 14th C Church of San Domenico in San Miniato with its incomplete facade is one of the most important examples of sacred architecture in San Miniato. There are wonderful frescoes and the burial monument of Giovanni Chiellini. On the right of the church there is one of the most ancient and suggestive place, the Via Angelica. Is a path that runs along the right wall of the church of Saints Iacopo and Lucia, once used by farmers who wanted to reach the city center form the countryside. The works of artists such as Luca della Robbia, Masolino da Panicale and Donatello are displayed here.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.