About this spot
From this overlook along the roadway, there are literally miles of aspen groves between you and the two dominant mountains to the west, Yellow and Chief. Chief Mountain has a unique flat top shape when viewed from the east and is one of the most prominent mountain peaks along the entire Rocky Mountain Front Range.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.