About this spot
The fortress dates back to the Byzantine time (6th C) and flourished in the 14th C. The Middle age settlement included a walled town – a citadel atop a karst plateau with an external town situated at its foot. Cherven was one of the biggest military-administrative, trade and church cultural centers of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom (ХІІ-ХІV в.) and an important stopover along the roads from the Danube to the internal parts of the country.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.