About this spot
The monastery is situated at the bottom of a riverine valley along Iskar River surrounded by cliffs and mountain tops. It’s worth trying the alternative viewpoint just up the hill (43.093224, 23.617313). Exit the monastery yard and turn left at the main. Drive or walk for 800m and you will reach a large car park (43.092561, 23.617332) in front of the entrance of tunnel. When facing the tunnel, turn left and walk along a path towards the river which will take you up to a viewpoint overlooking the monastery and the river.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.