5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The prow of the mesa is inclined at a 60° angle and is striated like the bottom of a French ‘baguette’ fresh out of the oven. The view of Checkerboard Mesa is a classic and it’s difficult to take an original shot even by changing the viewing angle. It is mostly the unusual Navajo sandstone cross-bedding which makes for the interest in this photo rather than the beauty of the spot itself.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.