About this spot
Castlerigg Stone Circle is one of many pre-historic stone circles on the British Isles. The area is owned by English Heritage and attracts many visitors as it is easy to get to once you are in the Lake District. The Circle is surrounded by some very scenic mountain landscape, and depending on the angle of the sun you can get nice shots in many directions.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.