About this spot
The Castel Sant’Angelo or Mausoleum of Hadrian, also dubbed “Mole Adriana” is one of the most iconic sites in Rome, and it is quite rewarding to photograph due to its position on the Tiber river banks. You can frame it from both sides of the Ponte Sant’Angelo as well from various spots along the bridge. Don’t forget to try and shoot halfway down the stairs to the riverside, as doing so will hide the crowds filling the bridge during most of the day. One can also walk by the riverside if the sidewalk is not flooded, for a different perspective.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.