About this spot
Carnedd Y Filiast is a lovely mountain not too far from Dinorwic and Llanberis. The beauty of the spot is that despite being over 800m high, the fairly fit could summit in around a hour thanks to the access road to the reservoir making the first lot of ascent easy. From the reservoir it's a short but steep climb up to the summit where you are rewarded with fantastic compositions with lovely foreground rocks, the reservoir below and finally onwards to Elidr Fawr in the distance. It is worth exploring around for other compositions.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.