About this spot
The jutting headland and three coves of Cape Arago had long been used by the local Native American people when Sir Francis Drake first sighted the cape in the late 1500’s. Simpson Reef and numerous offshore rocks are important seabird habitat, and Shell Island, a national wildlife refuge, is home to sea lions and seals.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.