About this spot
Candleston Castle is a 14th century, fortified Manor House in ruins since the 19th century. It is only 0.75 miles from Merthyr Mawr village and adjacent to Merthyr Mawr sand dunes ( one of the biggest in Europe). There are opportunites for interesting shots both inside and outside of the castle. Photographers interested in nature can easily walk into the large dune area where further photographic opportunities are in abundance. Alternatively retracing the route back to Merthyr Mawr village will not disappoint for further photography.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.