Shoot with care
This is a mountain hike, please be prepared, check weather forecast, follow the trail, leave nothing behind and if possible leave the place a little better than how you found it. The plateau is used as a pasture, respect the people who live and work there as well as the animals.
About this spot
The Campagneda valley runs at the feet of Pizzo Scalino, a peak similar to the Matterhorn because if it's pyramidal shape, leading up to the homonymous pass. For the whole length of the the valley there are big and small alpine lake with crystal clear water. There is always at least one lake in sight while hiking. At the pass the view opens up, almost 360 degrees. The landscape is dominated by the near peaks of Pizzo Scalino, Piz Zupò and Piz Argient; in the distance by Monte Disgrazia and further by the Gran Zebrù, the Ortler-Cevedale group and the Adamello group.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers