Shoot with care
Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas, with lots of wildlife including water birds, alligators, turtles, bass, etc. It's half swampland and some of the cypress trees are around 300 years old. It is an internationally protected wetland under the Ramsar Convention. Respect the environment and the wildlife please.
About this spot
Caddo lake is wonderful in the spring and fall. If there has been sufficient rainfall to raise the lake level you can get back into the bayous in pontoon boats. Cypress trees grow out of the water, covered with Spanish Moss. In addition, there are lots of heron, egrets, and other wildlife, so take a telephoto lens, too.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers