Shoot with care
This is a popular spot with photographers in an area of pristine beauty. Tread carefully, leave no trace and be considerate of others photographing here.
About this spot
This is one of the iconic photo spots in the Lake District. On an early autumn morning you'll likely find yourself amongst a number of photographers trying to capture the reflections in Buttermere and a telephoto close up of the famous Buttermere Pines.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers