About this spot
Situated along New College Lane, the Bridge of Sighs links the two halves of Hertford College. Built in 1913, the bridge (officially called Hertford Bridge) has become a landmark for Oxford and was a regular backdrop in the Inspector Morse TV series. For a photographer, this beautiful and unique structure can be photographed from both sides. The bridge is only accessible to students.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.