About this spot
The Bremerton waterfront area has several sites of interest to photographers, as well as anyone who has an interest in the U.S. Navy (Bremerton is home to the Bremerton portion of Naval Base Kitsap, as well as home to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard). The Harborside Fountain Park contains five large brass-colored fountains reminiscent of submarine conning towers (the park also contains an actual submarine conning tower) as well as many rock sculptures and smaller fountains. The park has a viewpoint across Sinclair Inlet immediately adjacent to the ferry dock. The boardwalk contains several naval-related sculptures, including a ship’s propeller, and provides access to the marina and the USS Turner Joy. The USS Turner Joy is a Vietnam War era destroyer, which is now open to the public for self-guided tours. The central float of the marina and the breakwater on the outside edge of the marina are also open to the general public.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.