Borrowdale Water Mill
2 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
There have been reports of barbed wire being put up by the owners here, but currently there is none and it appears that it is possible to photograph from this spot. Be respectful of other photographers at this location (a little conversation and compromise goes a long way!) or go during the week if you want to photograph at a quieter time.
About this spot
Hidden away in Borrowdale Valley you'll find this picturesque, historic watermill. Once considered a Lake District 'secret' it has more recently become a popular spot for landscape photographers.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.