BL - The Loch
4 images 2 contributors
About this spot
The Loch is a large mountain lake that lies just below tree line allowing for a clear view of the surrounding peaks. The lake was originally named after a Kansas banker with the last name of Locke, but the spelling was later changed to “Loch” like the Scottish word for lake. This lake is the first of several high alpine lakes that can be reached off of this trail. The others (Lake of Glass, Sky Pond and Andrews Tarn) are well worth exploring if you have the time and energy.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.