About this spot
Nymph Lake is really not much more than a small pond and is often overlooked by photographers. In the past, it was often photographed at sunrise from the northeast corner looking up at Hallett Peak, but this area became so badly damaged that it is now closed to foot traffic. However the recommended location will give you a beautiful unobstructed view of Longs Peak reflecting in the still waters. Often in the middle of summer you will find lots of lily pads, sometimes with beautiful yellow flowers.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.