About this spot
Lake Bierstadt is named after the famous landscape painter Albert Bierstadt who visited this lake in the early 1900s. This lake resides on a high shelf allowing for spectacular views of the Continental Divide. From this viewpoint you Taylor, Otis, Hallett and Flattop mountains all look down on the lake.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.