About this spot
Cub Lake was named not for any animal but for its small size. This little lake sits in a basin with a beautiful view of Stones Peak rising high above it to the northwest. It is a 5 mile (8km) round-trip hike, but well worth it not only for the destination but for all that is seen on the way there. In late 2012 a large wildfire started by an illegal camper swept through this area damaging much of the hillside seen in the photo above. Slowly the vegetation is returning, but for the time being there are obvious signs of the fire.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.