About this spot
Southern Bastia is the location of the old city districts. Here you can see the old Citadel and the old Port. The old town of Bastia was built in 1380 on a promontory that dominates the bays of Porto-Vecchio and Porto-Cardo. The citadel has been the home of the governor from the end of the 15th Century through to the end of the Genoese domination, in the 18th Century. Having housed the island's High Council, the citadel later became the headquarters of the Regional Directorate. In 1794, the building finally became a military building.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.