Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta
20 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Follow the rules of the museum...
About this spot
The Basilica of Aquileia is a large ancient Roman Catholic church located in the city of Aquileia, in northeastern Italy. It was built in the 4th century AD and is considered one of the most important early Christian churches in the world. The basilica features a nave and two aisles, with a transept and a semi-circular apse. The floor of the basilica is covered in intricate mosaics depicting scenes from the Old and New Testaments. The basilica was also an important pilgrimage site in the Middle Ages and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers