About this spot
The rock monastery at Basarbovo was established during the existence of the Second Bulgarian Empire but is first mentioned in 1431 in the Ottoman Tax Register. The monastery is situated in the picturesque Rusenski Lom valley, a karst region covered with picturesque trails and cliffs, some of which are tens of meters high. The area is teaming with wildlife especially with birds such as Black Stork, Golden Orioles, Eagle Owl as well as Golden Jackal, bats, wild cats, etc.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.