About this spot
The trail, a mixture of dirt and boardwalk, leads past numerous thermal features before reaching the feature it is named for, the Artist Paint Pots. The paint pots are located at the top of Paint Pot Hill. These paint pots are monochromatic whitish-grey mud. As you make the way up and down the trail you pass some more colorful features such as Blood Geyser and a group of “Milky Blue Pools.” This is one of the smaller thermal areas that are easily accessible in the park and offer some features that are a bit different from those you find at the larger areas. It is well worth the small amount of time it will take to visit this and walk this trail.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.