About this spot
The Arne nature reserve is a true gem, not quite a hidden one, but definitely a lesser known and less visited location that does not get the dues its diverse beauty deserves. Arne is both special and unusual offering a vast expanse of open heathland, old oak woodland, sea marshes and varied wildlife amongst other things, whilst commanding views across Poole Harbour and Brownsea Island. In late summer, the area is at its most attractive with the extensive covering of heather in full bloom, its sea of purple and pinks a sight to behold.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.