About this spot
This is one of the most famous monuments in Paris. The Arc de Triomphe is located at the end of the Champs-Élysées in the centre of Place Charles de Gaulle (formerly Place de l'Étoile) from which twelve avenues radiate outwards. The monument honours those who fought and died in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. In the vault below lies the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.