About this spot
Capri is also famous for the production of sandals and shoes made by local artisans. The Capri sandals are shoes with ancient origins. Back to the Roman age, it seems that the emperor Tiberius, arrived in Capri with wearing a pair of sandals. After centuries similar sandals are now the symbol of a whole Italian craftsmanship. Sandals from Capri are made with simple and durable materials, enriched with details to give a sense of elegance and preciousness. The best place were to buy these sandals and take pictures of the artisans at work is in Anacapri in the street via Capodimonte.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.