Shoot with care
The rocks can be slick and slippery - venture off the paths with care.
About this spot
If you drive to the harbour of Akranes you will notice two lighthouses. The bigger one that is currently in use is open to the public - you can go up and enjoy the view from there. The smaller lighthouse is one of the oldest concrete lighthouses in Iceland and was built in 1918. It served the fishing town until it was deactivated in 1947 in favour of the larger structure several meters away.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.