Airline Road Scenic Viewpoint
6 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
This viewpoint is slightly more than two vehicles wide. Park as close to the curb closest to the river as possible to avoid blocking access. Semi truck drivers use this turnout as a rest area.
About this spot
This portion of the Airline Road runs along a ridge known as The Whaleback. The turnout is located at the high point of The Whaleback, well above the river below. At the summer solstice the rising sun is significantly further to the left of its position in the morning images. It shifts to the right until the winter solstice. In October the foliage here is spectacular. Winter photography can be stunning here, as well.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers